Frequently Asked Questions
As always, the health and safety of our children and staff is of the utmost importance to Energy Kidz. As a Trusted Provider during COVID-19, Energy Kidz have, and continue to support a large number of families across the UK.
We are fully compliant and continue to follow all the most recent Government guidelines for childcare providers. Our operational processes have been tried and tested and all of our staff in operation will have completed a COVID-19 online training course.
To read the most recent guidelines, please visit the Government page here.
If you have any questions regarding how we’re following guidelines and implementing them into our services, please contact our friendly Customer Care team on 0333 577 1533 or email [email protected].
Energy Kidz Clubs & our team
Is Energy Kidz Ofsted registered?
Yes, Energy Kidz register all our Clubs with Ofsted. We follow Ofsted regulations and guidelines to offer the highest standard of care possible. These regulations help raise the quality of care and ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
Does Energy Kidz work to an adult to child ratio?
As Energy Kidz are Ofsted registered, we follow their guidelines regarding ratios, operating a strict 1:10 to 1:12 ratio of adults to children.
Can you tell me about the staff who will work in the Clubs?
Energy Kidz Club workers are enthusiastic, inspiring and passionate individuals who are DBS checked to Enhanced Level and hold qualifications/have extensive experience in Playwork/Childcare. Club Managers will have a Level 3 or above in Playwork (or equivalent) and the majority of the rest of the team will be at least Level 2 qualified in Playwork (or equivalent). There is a Paediatric First Aid trained member of staff on site at all times. Staff receive ongoing training in various aspects of child supervision and care, including behaviour management, child protection and activity delivery.
Payment Options & Childcare Vouchers
You can find out more about the new government schemes to help with childcare costs at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tax-free-childcare-10-things-parents-should-know
How do I pay?
- Credit/Debit Card: we accept all types of cards and make no charge for card payments. If you are booking over two months in advance payments can be spread across the duration of the booking using a re-occurring payment plan generated by the system.
- Childcare Vouchers: we accept all types of childcare vouchers. Please contact Customer Care on 0333 577 1533 if you require assistance with these.
- Tax Free Childcare: we accept Tax Free Childcare. Please contact Customer Care on 0333 577 1533 if you require assistance with this.
If you are making a regular booking covering a period of time, you can make monthly payments. If you are paying by childcare vouchers of tax free childcare, you will need to input the monthly amount you wish to pay. If your childcare/tax free vouchers do not cover the whole amount any outstanding balance can then be paid in full at time of booking or by card instalments if applicable. The system will calculate this at the payment stage.
What help is available to pay for my childcare with Energy Kidz?
Energy Kidz are an Ofsted registered childcare provider; you therefore may be able to subsidise the cost of using an Energy Kidz Ofsted registered club through one of the following:
- Childcare Vouchers– Childcare Vouchers allow employers to help their employees with the cost of childcare. Childcare Vouchers are exempt from National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and Income Tax for employees up to the value of £55 per week, which can mean savings of over £2000 a year for a couple who are both working. Energy Kidz accept all childcare vouchers. Al employers are able to run a childcare voucher scheme (they make savings too). Please speak to your employer for details on this.
Tax Free Childcare – This is a Government replacement for childcare vouchers. More information can be found at www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-free-childcare
- Working Tax Credit– Nine out of ten families could save up to 80% of childcare costs through Working Tax Credit. For more information call 0845 300 3900 or visit payingforchildcare.org.uk. Martin Lewis of Money Saving Expert fame has also produced a very user friendly section on paying for childcare on his website, which includes a tax credit eligibility calculator http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/health/childcare-costs
How do I pay via childcare vouchers and Tax Free Childcare?
Energy Kidz accept all types of childcare vouchers and tax free childcare. This can be full or part payment towards a booking. The childcare voucher company you use will depend on which one your employer is registered with. Please speak to them to find out which voucher company you use. If it is not on our list then please contact Energy Kidz Head Office so we can register ourselves with them. Most childcare voucher companies provide parent access to pay online via their website. Please see our payment document for more information on how to pay using childcare vouchers. This document includes a list of all the childcare voucher companies and our unique reference number required to make your payment to us.
Just add your provider name and the amount you would like to pay. If it is for bookings that span over 2 months or more you will be able to pay monthly with your child care vouchers. But please don’t forget to arrange payment through the provider – using your parent ID number as the payment ref.
If you are paying by Tax Free Childcare, please inform us of your reference number when making your first booing so we can allocate the payment to your account when we receive it.
Can I pay with both Cards and Childcare Vouchers/Tax Free Childcare?
You are able to do part payments with your CCV and credit/debit card.
Can I pay by cash/cheque/bank transfer/PayPal?
Unfortunately we are unable to accept any of the above methods of payment.
Can I book and you invoice me for the sessions later?
You will need to pay for the sessions as you book them otherwise they will be deleted automatically by the system after an hour. However, you can organise a card/CCV instalment plan if the booking spans more than 2 months.
Why must I pay in advance?
To enable us to provide a quality service, we require advance payment either in full or by a payment plan.
How can I spread the cost of my bookings?
Help yourself to our flexible payment options that include bespoke instalment plans that ensure you can break down your childcare costs into manageable monthly payments. This option allows you to make regular club bookings right through until the end of term!
DID YOU KNOW – we also accept:
- Tax Free Childcare
- Childcare Vouchers
- Student Discounts
Need some help? Visit our booking information page for more information at https://www.energy-kidz.co.uk/payment-options/
Equally please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly booking team for support at [email protected]
Can I get a receipt?
Once you have made a booking and payment has been made you will receive an email confirmation.
Term Time Club FAQs
Will Energy Kidz take my child to their class?
At the end of the Breakfast Club session, an Energy Kidz staff member will take the Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children to a predefined area or to their classroom to be handed over to a member of school staff.
What Breakfast is available to my child?
A variety of cereal, fruit and toast with spreads will be on offer each morning, Breakfast is optional. An example menu can be found on our website.
Does my child need to bring anything with them?
No. Please ensure any items brought to an Energy Kidz club are clearly labelled. Please ensure children do not bring any valuable toys or belongings with them as Energy Kidz cannot be held responsible if they go missing.
My child is going to be absent or I need to cancel a session, what should I do?
You can cancel your sessions through the booking system. For on the day cancellations, please email our friendly customer care team who will be able to update your records accordingly.
What if my child requires medication whilst at the club?
Any child requiring medication, including inhalers, cannot attend until we have our own supply of the medication. Energy Kidz can only administer prescribed medication. Please ensure you hand any medication required to the Club Manager with a Permission to Administer Medicine form. Energy Kidz Head Office can email this form to you prior to your child attending. If your child requires regular medication, we recommend that you supply the Club with extra medication which can be stored to avoid regular transfer.
How do I check availability at my Breakfast and/or After school club?
To check if your club has availability, please click here and select your school from the drop down list as well as the activity and dates you’re interested in.
What is the booking deadline for Breakfast Club sessions?
You can book online up to the 30 minutes prior to the start of a session, as long as there is availability.
My child has additional needs. How can you help?
Energy Kidz are fully inclusive and we try to support all children. It is important that we are fully informed of any child with additional needs so we can try and support him/her in the best way possible. The best way to do this is by notifying us on the registration form. We would also suggest raising this with our company SENCO who is Craig Jones ([email protected]) and the club manager prior to your child’s first visit.
If your child requires 1 to 1 support, we would need notice to try and arrange this. We do not offer 1 to 1 support as standard so this would be chargeable at an hourly rate. If required, we would suggest you speak with your local authority who may be able to help you access local funding.
How will my child get to the After School Club?
If your child attends the school where the After School Club is located, your child’s school will be made aware in advance that they are due to attend on a given afternoon. For children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 a school staff member will escort the children directly to the club or an Energy Kidz staff member will collect the children from their class. For children in KS2 and above, they can make their own way direct to the club. For children attending a club not based on the school site, an Energy Kidz staff member will collect your child from a pre-defined meeting point.
How do I collect my child and can I pick them up at any time?
Parents can collect from the after school club at any time from school finish until 6pm. All children must be signed out by 6pm. Only people listed on the registration and who are 16 years of age or older can collect.
We understand that at times parents/guardians may be running behind schedule, and we will always ensure that we do our utmost to support our families where possible. If a child is collected late it will have a knock on effect on our teams and therefore a late fee of £8 per 15 minutes will be applied for late collections. If you are running behind schedule and your child will be collected late, please make our head office aware so our team at the site can be notified in advance.
In the event of a child not being collected on time, we will attempt to call the parents/guardians. If we are unable to make contact, we will follow our safeguarding policy/uncollected child policy.
We always strive to offer parents/guardians the support needed, however, if late collections become a reoccurring event, we reserve the right to withdraw our service.
Does Energy Kidz provide Food?
Yes, a healthy and nutritious snack will be provided when your child arrives at the club and drinking water will always be available. This is not a meal replacement. An example menu can be found on our website.
What should my child bring?
We recommend packing according to our unpredictable English weather; on any given day this should include sun cream, sun hat, waterproofs or warmer clothing. We would suggest packing a change of clothes that you don’t mind getting messy due to our outdoor play philosophy and art & craft activities. Please ensure all items brought to an Energy Kidz club are clearly labelled. Please ensure children do not bring any valuable toys or belongings with them as Energy Kidz cannot be held responsible if they go missing.
What happens if someone else needs to pick up my child?
Only people listed as a Collector on your account can pick up your child. You can easily change this by logging into your account. Staff will only release children to people they know or can verify so please ask that collectors bring photo ID with them for checking. Any person collecting your child must be over 16 years of age.
My child is going to be absent or I need to cancel a session, what should I do?
You can cancel your sessions through the booking system. It is parents’ responsibility to ensure the school know that their child will not be attending after school club.
Is there a booking deadline for after school club sessions?
You can book online up to 2:30pm on the same day, as long as there is availability.
Can my child also attend an extra curricular club after school?
It is fine for your child to attend a school run or extra curricular club after school but we are unable to collect from these clubs so please organise drop off to the Energy Kidz club with the coach, teacher, tutor or organisation running the extra curricular club. Please notify Energy Kidz in advance if your child is attending an extra curricular club and any arrangements made.
What happens on the last day of term if school finishes early?
This varies depending on the school so please see your specific site.
How do I find out details for my breakfast and after school club?
To find your local school and all details about its wraparound clubs please click here and select your area. A list of options will then appear where you can click your school. Details regarding times, pricing and other relevant information can be found on your chosen school’s page.
What are the times and pricing for your wraparound care clubs?
To find out the schedule at your local wraparound care club please click here and select your area, then chosen school. Details regarding times, pricing and other relevant information can be found on your chosen school’s page.
Holiday Club FAQs
What does my child need to bring on the day?
- Energy Kidz do not provide food at our holiday clubs. A healthy and nutritious packed lunch is required.
- Please note: all Energy Kidz Clubs are nut-free zones.
- Please also bear in mind that refrigeration is not available at our settings.
- Packed lunch recommendation: non-fizzy drinks, fresh and non-processed food such as fruit, vegetables, wholemeal bread and biscuits, raisins, natural yoghurts, crackers as well as ice packs, frozen gel or frozen juice drinks.
- Drinking water is always available.
- We recommend packing according to our unpredictable English weather. On any given day this should include sun cream, sun hat, waterproofs and warmer clothing.
- We would also suggest clothes that you don’t mind getting messy due to our outdoor play philosophy and art & craft activities.
- Please ensure all items brought to an Energy Kidz club are clearly labelled. Please ensure children do not bring any valuable toys or belongings with them as Energy Kidz cannot be held responsible if they go missing.
How does drop off and collection work?
- Energy Kidz offer flexible collection and drop-off for extended day children between the hours of 8am and 10am and 4pm and 6pm. Please note however that extended day registration closes promptly at 6pm; there is a charge of £8 per 15 minutes for collections made after the advertised session end time.
- The standard day runs from 10am till 4pm. Registrations will open at 9:45 for this session and we encourage registering no later than 9:55am.
- We operate a secure drop off and collection system. A parent/guardian must sign all children in/out each day.
- If there are any changes to your contact details since last attending an Energy Kidz holiday club or any medical updates, please ensure this is communicated to head office.
Can my child be in the same group as a friend, brother or sister if they are different ages?
Energy Kidz Holiday Clubs have activities suitable for all ages and we are able to accommodate mixed age groups for most activities. Therefore if your child would like to be grouped with friends or family they can choose to do so.
What happens if someone else needs to pick up my child?
Only the people listed in the child’s collector field on our booking system can pick up your child. If someone who is not listed on your child’s collection field is due to collect your child, you can add this yourself by logging into your account. They will also need to bring photo ID. Any person collecting your child must be over 16 years of age.
My child is going to be absent or I need to cancel a session, what should I do?
- You can cancel online. If you cancel with more than 72 hours notice then you receive a credit on your account. If you cancel with less than 72 hours notice then there is no credit.
- Energy Kidz do not offer cash refunds for any booking cancellations
- We are however able to swap Holiday Session days to alternative dates within the same holiday period. As long as we have 72 hours notice.
What if my child requires medication whilst at the club?
Any child requiring medication, including inhalers, cannot attend until we have our own supply of the medication. Energy Kidz can only administer prescribed medication. Please ensure you hand any medication required to the Club Manager with a Permission to Administer Medicine form. Energy Kidz Head Office can email this form to you prior to your child attending. If your child requires regular medication, we recommend that you supply the Club with extra medication which can be stored to avoid regular transfer.Please do not forget to collect any medication from us at the end of the holiday.
Is there a booking deadline for Holiday Club sessions?
Subject to availability and sufficient staffing levels, Energy Kidz can take bookings right up until the club is due to start as long as you have registered onto our online system. All children must be booked with their place confirmed by the system before attending. If your child attends the club without a prior booking, we may have to turn them away depending on availability of places for that day.
How do I know if you have available spaces?
To check if your local holiday club has availability, please click here and select your club from the drop down list as well as the activity and dates you’re interested in.
Do I have to book the whole week/month/term?
The system is very flexible and (subject to availability) you can book for individual sessions or for the whole of the Holiday period.
What if I need to cancel my booking?
If you are wanting to cancel with 72 hours notice then you are able cancel this yourself via your account and receive a credit on your account. However if you are wanting to cancel with less notice we will not be able to give you credit for the sessions.
Can I extend my standard day pass once it is booked?
Currently you will need to contact us at Head Office to extend this for you, although we hope for this to change in the future.
Where’s my local holiday club?
To find out where your local holiday club is please click here and enter your postcode. A list of local venues will then appear. Just click on one of these to find out the pricing, dates, times, and other relevant information.
What is your holiday club pricing?
To see what the pricing is at your local holiday club please click here and enter your postcode. A list of local venues will then appear. Just click on one of these to find out the pricing, dates, times, and other relevant information.
What dates are your holiday clubs running?
To see what dates we’re running at your local holiday club please click here and enter your postcode. A list of local venues will then appear. Just click on one of these to find out the dates, times, pricing and other relevant information.
What are the timings for your holiday clubs?
To see what the times are at your local holiday club please go to https://www.energy-kidz.co.uk/holiday-club/ and enter your postcode. A list of local venues will then appear. Just click on one of these to find out the times, dates, pricing and other relevant information.
What activities are there over the school holidays?
We’re pleased to hear that you’re interested in our holiday clubs and look forward to welcoming your child(ren) to one of our holiday clubs! To find out what activities we have planned over the school holidays please click here. To view more details about what’s happening at your local holiday club please go to the above link and enter your postcode.
What age children do you accept at your clubs?
Most Energy Kidz holiday and wraparound care clubs accept children between the ages of 4 – 11, however, please visit your local venue page for further details.
I’m eligible for a HAF funded space at one of your holiday clubs, how do I book?
Please ensure you have registered through your local authority if required. The next step is to book your child(ren)’s place via the Energy Kidz booking system! Secure your place online here by following the steps below:
Parents who have already registered should be able to skip steps 1 & 2
- Please create an account / login to your online account and secure your place online by clicking here.
- Please confirm that you have read the Terms and Conditions
- Add your desired HAF Holiday Club location as centre
- Add your child(ren) to the Energy Kidz account before attempting to make a booking
- Ensure all the Consent questions, Collector, Emergency Contacts and Doctor details are added.
- After this click on ‘Book Activity’ and select the ‘Holiday Activity Fund (HAF) Easter Camp 22. ONLY’ activity – this will ensure your booking is free.
- Select the dates you wish to book!
- Enter your school’s HAF promo code at checkout – the code can be found here.
- We look forward to welcoming your family to our Energy Kidz holiday clubs!
If you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to contact Energy Kidz’s friendly bookings team at [email protected].
I’m eligible for HAF but the promo code isn’t working / I haven’t been provided a code
Please find our list of venue-specific codes here.
Once you’ve found your venue-specific code on the page linked above, please make sure upon placing your booking you choose the ‘Holiday Activity Fund (HAF) Easter Camp 22. ONLY’ activity – this will ensure your booking is free when you use the promo code at checkout.
I’m eligible for HAF but my account shows that I owe payment, how do I remove the balance?
Please contact [email protected] who will clear your account for you.
Online Booking FAQs
How do I book my child into an Energy Kidz Club?
- All bookings are made by parents online. To register, click on the ‘Book now’ button, then click ‘Register’. You will then need to give a few details about yourself and enter a password that you wish to use for your online account. Once you have submitted this you will receive an email which will enable to now register your child/ren’s details and make a booking. Once registered you can book your sessions at any time by clicking ‘book now’ and then entering your email address and the password. You will then be taken to your online account where you can check upcoming bookings, outstanding payments and make new bookings.
- If you need assistance one of our Customer Care team will be happy to help and can be reached on 0333 577 1533 or email [email protected]
- Please ensure you read our terms and conditions before making any booking.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- The person making the booking accepts the booking conditions on behalf of all on the booking/registration forms.
- Energy Kidz can take bookings right up until the club starts subject to availability. If parents arrive with children who are not booked in, you may unfortunately be turned away.
Further booking help required? Check out our helpful tutorials below:
How to create an account: The Parent Site: How to create an account – YouTube
How to register a child: The Parent Site: How to add a child – YouTube
How to make a booking: The Parent Site: How to make an ad-hoc or regular booking – YouTube
How to amend a booking: The Parent Site: How to amend dates – YouTube
Can you book it for me over the phone?
All bookings need to be made online by the customer, however in extreme circumstances we are able to help by taking the booking and payment over the phone.
How much notice do I need to give if I want my child to start?
- As long as there is availability, once registered, you can book your child in for any session.
- For breakfast and after school clubs the whole school year will be made available for bookings for existing customers from the previous May and then opened to new customers from June.
- For holiday clubs once we have confirmed dates with the relevant sites, we will release sessions. Typically, this is at least 3 months in advance of the start of a holiday period.
- For after school club, booking can be up until 3pm as long as there is availability. It is parents’ responsibility to ensure the school is informed that their child is attending after school club.
- For breakfast and holiday clubs there is no restriction on when you can book as long as there is availability and it is done before you arrive onsite.
How long does a booking last for?
For breakfast and after school clubs we release a whole school year at a time. Regular customers will be notified in advance of new customers when the next year’s dates become available. This will typically be around May each year but is dependent on schools releasing their term dates.
Can I book different days each week?
Yes – you can book whichever sessions suit your particular needs.
Can I add extra days to my booking?
Yes – Extra sessions can be booked if available. For after school clubs you can book online up to three hours before the start of the session. After this time, you will need to ring Customer Care on 0333 577 1533 as we need to ensure the school and club also know your child will be attending. There is no extra charge for this additional service.
Can I book part of a session?
Unfortunately, we do not offer a part session option but you are more than welcome to drop off or collect your child at any time during the session.
Is there a sibling discount?
There is a 5% sibling discount for the second and subsequent siblings offered on all breakfast and after school club bookings where siblings attend the same sessions. There is no sibling discount on holiday club bookings although we offer a number of other discounts for our holiday clubs.
Can I cancel after I book and will I get a refund?
Yes – you can cancel online and the following notice is required:
- 72 hours or more notice of the booking date – 100% credit note
- Less than 72 hours notice of the booking date – no credit note available
Do I need to inform you if I cancel a booking?
You do not need to inform us of cancellations as you can do these directly through the system. It is parents’ responsibility to inform the school if their child is not attending.
Can I swap days?
For breakfast and after school clubs you can cancel sessions in accordance with the cancellation notice above. If there is availability you can then book new sessions. Holiday booking day swaps can only be made subject to availability and with a minimum of 72 hours notice of the session you want to change. You need to ring or email Customer Care to arrange this.
I can’t see any activities at my centre, help!
Before placing a booking, please make sure that you have added your child(ren) onto your account as well as any medical information and their emergency contact / collector information. Children need to be added to the account before being able to place a booking. If you’re still having issues with the booking system after adding a child please email [email protected]