St Peter and St Paul Catholic Primary School
After School Club
In our After School Clubs, we pride ourselves in delivering a fun, happy and safe place for children to freely play with their friends, take part in activities, art and craft, sport, chill out or enjoy the variety of toys and games available.
The club is set up to provide a fun and stimulating environment when the child arrives. There are activities such as Lego, puzzles, toys and board games so children can start playing straight away.
Children are able to go outside as soon as possible each day (normally once everyone is registered and the playground has cleared). Children are able to flow between the indoor and outdoor area. Children can freely play outside, taking advantage of the school facilities including adventure play areas where they are available. There is also a huge range of arts & crafts and sports equipment available each day.
Key Stage 1 children are collected or dropped to a designated meeting point while Key Stage 2 make their own way to the club. Parents can pick up at any time up until 6pm. All children must be signed out by an adult over 16 who is named on that child’s registration form.
Enrichment Activities: 15:00 - 16:00
Each day our enrichment activity will add a depth and richness to children’s learning beyond the school curriculum. Our Whole of Child philosophy underpins all of our programming, with activities split in to 6 categories: Express Yourself – Creative Kidz, Learning to Thrive – Practical Kidz, Learn through Play – Discovery Kidz, Wellness – Wellness Kidz, Let’s get Moving – Energetic Kidz and Skills for Sports – Sporty Kidz. Find out more about our programming via our website at www.energy-kidz.co.uk.
Times Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
3:00pm - 4:00pm Energetic/Sporty Kidz
Arts & Crafts
Gymnastics & Performing Arts
Wellness Kidz – Wellbeing sessions that educate and engage children in the benefits of leading a well-balanced healthy lifestyle. – e.g Meditation, Journaling
Creative Kidz – Creative sessions that encourage children to ex-press themselves and explore their senses & creativity. – e.g Arts and Crafts, Drama, Dance
Practical Kidz – Life skills sessions that gives chil-dren the oppor-tunity to learn, thrive and take part in structured fun and practical sessions which cover a wide range of learning experiences. – e.g Wacky science, Survival skills, Cooking
Discovery Kidz – Child led discovery sessions that encourage children to learn through play, energise their interests and develop friendships. – e.g Trivia, Problem solving, Guided play
Energetic/Sporty Kidz – Action packed, high energy multi-sport sessions designed to engage children through physical activity and encourage participation. – e.g Netball, Football, Parachute Play
Food and Snack
Healthy Eating Guidelines are followed and includes wraps or sandwiches with cheese or meat, vegetables, fruit and yoghurt. In small clubs all the children sit down together for a social snack.
A snack is available for children on a rolling snack basis so children can decide when to eat.
**Please note: all Energy Kidz Clubs are nut-free zones.**
After School Club:
- Bread/toast/spread/marmite/cheese spread/water
Available each day but on a rotation:
- Wraps, bagels, pitta bread, crumpets, or english muffins
- Cheese, ham, tuna mayo, chicken
- Minimum of 2 vegetables and 2 fruits daily
- Fruit loaf, frube, malt loaf
Food will also be available for children who arrive later (after attending an extra curricular club).
Important Information & FAQs
Ofsted Number: 2657335
After School Club Collection: Children can only be collected by an adult over the age of 16 who has been authorised to collect them on their registration form. Parents can amend these details at any time by logging into their account.
- The online registration form must be completed before your child’s first day.
- The club mobile is only for emergency contact and operated in club time. Please contact the office for bookings or general queries.
- Please label all clothing and items being brought to the club.
- Suitable clothing for indoor and outdoor activities is required: sun hats & sun cream during warmer days, or warm clothing & a waterproof when the weather is cooler or more variable.
- We suggest packing spare clothes that you don’t mind getting messy due to our outdoor play philosophy and art & craft activities.
- Please inform the office and club of any medical or contact detail updates if anything changes.
- If your child is attending an extra curricular club, please inform Head Office of this.
FAQS: Click here to find answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions.