John Hampden Primary School
Breakfast and After School Club
Children get dropped off by parents any time from the start of the session.¬† This is 7:30am
At the end of the session Key Stage 2 children are released to make their own way to their classes, while Key Stage 1 children are escorted to their class teacher or a designated drop off point.
After School Club
In our After School Clubs, we pride ourselves in delivering a fun, happy and safe place for children to freely play with their friends, take part in activities, art and craft, sport, chill out¬†or enjoy¬†the variety of toys and games available.
The club is set up to provide a fun and stimulating environment when the child arrives.¬† There are activities such as Lego, puzzles, toys and board games so children can start playing straight away.
Children are able to go outside as soon as possible each day (normally once everyone is registered and the playground has cleared).¬† Children are able to flow between the indoor and outdoor area. Children can freely play outside, taking advantage of the school facilities including adventure play areas where they are available. There is also equipment such as skipping ropes and sports equipment, as well as go karts and scooters at some clubs too.
Key Stage 1 children are collected or dropped to a designated meeting point while Key Stage 2 make their own way to the club. Parents can pick up at any time up until 6pm.¬† All children must be signed out by an adult over 16 who is named on that child‚Äôs registration form.
Food and Snack
Healthy Eating Guidelines are followed and includes wraps or sandwiches¬†with cheese or meat, vegetables, fruit and yoghurt. In small clubs all the children sit down together for a social snack.
A snack is available for children on a rolling snack basis so children can decide when to eat.
**Please note: all Energy Kidz Clubs are nut-free zones.**
After School Club:
- Bread/toast/spread/marmite/cheese spread/water
Available¬†each day but on a rotation:
- Wraps, bagels, pitta bread, crumpets, or english muffins
- Cheese, ham, tuna mayo, chicken
- Minimum of 2 vegetables and¬†2 fruits daily
- Fruit loaf, frube, malt loaf
Food will also be available for children who arrive later (after attending an extra curricular club).
Important Information & FAQs
Ofsted number: EY543882
After School Club Collection:¬†Children can only be collected by an adult over the age of 16 who has been authorised to collect them on their registration form. Parents can amend these details at any time by logging into their account.
- The online¬†registration form¬†must be completed before your child’s first day.
- The club mobile is only for emergency contact and operated in club time. Please contact the office for bookings or general queries.
- Please label all clothing and items being brought to the club.
- Suitable clothing for indoor and outdoor activities is required: sun hats & sun cream during warmer days, or warm clothing & a waterproof when the weather is cooler or more variable.
- We suggest packing spare clothes that you don‚Äôt mind getting messy due to our outdoor play philosophy and art & craft activities.
- Please inform the office and club of any medical or contact detail updates if anything changes.
- If your child is attending an extra curricular club, please inform Head Office of this.
FAQS: Click here¬†to find answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions.